Monday, August 7, 2023

Sign Post

Vacation observations

I drove close to 2000 miles on vacation last month. A couple of observations:

  •           I did not see one “Baby on Board” sign on a vehicle. What’s up with that? Ten years ago these were everywhere. What happened to the concern? Yeah, I get it that the babies grew up, but how can this concern just disappear? Was this just a sham to get these autos into the express lane where you have to have a passenger? Did you maybe get an insurance discount if you displayed one? Were people abusing the sign and using it for older children? 
  • I did not see a single “Pet on Board” sign either. Actually, I’ve never see a “Pet on board” sign. (Maybe it’s because people “board” their pets.) People are more careful than ever with their pets - we all hear the commercials warning us not to leave our dogs in our parked cars, etc. I’d like to see that pet concern communicated in some signage.

So, yeah, I've got concerns for both of these groups. Perhaps we can find a happy meeting ground for these two and start with a “Baby Pet on Board” sign. Maybe that’s a start…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment