Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Taking a Stand

Hey, I now have a stand up desk at work.  I didn’t ask for it. It’s just been given to me for some reason. There must be money left in the budget. The stand up function is optional. The desk top rises somehow. Will I ever use that option? I don’t know. What I’m curious about is this: Could I be the oldest person in America ever to get a standup desk? How does one find that out? I’m pretty busy running this blog but if somebody knows that answer let us know here at Uncle Tommy.

Everybody at work got one. My one co-worker is really into it, to the point that he’s moved his desk chair far away from his desk. He says “Sitting down is the new smoking.” I really liked that phrase and I think it’ll catch on.

I am so moved by that statement that I’m going to look at the bottom of my chair tomorrow and see if there’s a warning from the surgeon general.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment