Friday, August 21, 2015

Automatic Flush Part I (One)



When I was young, my elementary school’s boys’ room toilets and urinals had automatic flushes every 15 minutes, whether anybody went into the rest room or not. Apparently some kid had “over flushed” or somehow abused the toilets, so we weren’t allowed to flush manually. (I’m guessing this kid may not have had working indoor plumbing at home perhaps.) Problem was, our class would line up and all go into the rest room at the same time, as was the practice in elementary school, at least back then. So, the every 15 minute flush really didn’t work so well. Having said that, I have to admit it’s pretty impressive that way back then the toilets were set up for automatic flushes. I still remember walking down the hall and all of a sudden hearing this massive flow of water and saying  to myself, “Hmm. Must be quarter of”, or perhaps, “I wonder if this is the year my family goes to Niagara Falls.”

Nowadays, of course, automatic flush is more sophisticated and it’s set up individually by stall or urinal. Part of my ongoing weight loss goal is to get so thin that I’m not recognized by automatic flush. So far, automatic flush is winning. There will likely be one day where I think I’ve finally won, but then all the toilets will flush at a quarter of.    

No comments:

Post a Comment