Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fantasy Football in the Aisles of Rite Aid



Every small town these days seems to have one of those drive-through party stores.  I’ve never driven through one but they look like fun. One reason I haven’t tried one is that I doubt if I could drive close enough to the shelves for my wife and me to reach the inventory from our car. But I’d rather use my car than a filthy cart with a bad wheel any day. 


The closest thing we have to one of those drive-through stores where I live is the drive-up window at Rite Aid. I love the drive-up window. Very futuristic concept. But I’d like to see them take this idea a bit further. First, why not force the sick people to go to the drive-up window? That would make for a healthier, more sterile environment inside the store.  Put a bouncer at the front door with a thermometer or something. Secondly, make the pharmacist at the drive-up window get you the other stuff you need when they get you your prescription.  I’ve tried this a few times and have usually been turned down. But why not try it?  I would limit this to necessities: Tylenol, greeting cards, maybe a magazine.


Speaking of magazines, I appreciate Rite Aid keeping their magazine rack close to the pharmacy counter. Last August, I stood at the magazine rack and planned my entire 17 round Fantasy Football draft strategy while waiting for some penicillin. And I won my league. Thanks Rite Aid! 

Lastly, since we're talking about Rite Aid here, how 'bout a health tip from Uncle Tommy? When I shop at a store and have to use a cart, I use those wipes if available and wipe down the entire filthy cart – not just the handle. It’ll take you a few minutes but you won’t be sorry.  If you can get the cart jockey to do it for you, tip generously. You can pass the time while you're waiting at the magazine rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment