Sunday, August 16, 2015

Gum Shoe



We likely would all agree that people do not treat each other with the level of common courtesy that used to exist in this society. So, in an effort to brighten the outlook of my many readers, I have attempted to find the rare positive out there – some aspect of society where we actually have improved how we treat each other.  Keeping that in mind, it struck me yesterday that it’s been quite a long time since I’ve stepped in gum. Years, maybe decades.  It just never happens anymore, and I have to say I do not miss it. Who can forget the heartbreak when you first notice the smell of something sweet emanating from your feet?  And then to think that the crud on your shoe had been in someone’s mouth! Spearmint gum was the worst for me – I still won’t chew it due to how many times I had to scrape it from my shoe. I mean, what person would not prefer to choose their own smell rather than carrying around someone's used gum on their shoe?

For whatever reason, gum chewers are now more likely to dispose of gum properly. I applaud whoever led the charge to get this horrid practice out of our society. Was this a Miss America project I missed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment