Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Arnold Palmer



I saw on the internet that Arnold Palmer turned 86 the other day. Great golfer, great business man, great guy. He has succeeded in the transition to business while many other great athletes have failed miserably. Doesn’t he, like, own Pennzoil? The website promoting his birthday wanted me to watch a 9 minute video of how he invented the Arnold Palmer drink. Hey, I love that drink. I like the flavor. It’s refreshing yet light. But I don’t have 9 minutes to spend watching a video about it. I sure don’t. Too many other things to do. I’ve got a job, a family, a house, and a bunch of readers clambering for new material on a regular basis. Rather than watching a video, I much prefer reading, where I can quickly skim through an article, and then at least kid myself that I understand its content. So I didn’t watch the video. I’m guessing that he accidentally poured lemonade in his iced tea and came up with a fantastic product, something like that? Kinda like Mr. Reese? Or Mr. Neapolitan?  

Of course, with all my responsibilities, I’m nowhere near the athlete Arnold Palmer is. While he is more and more of a threat to “golf his age” (shoot an 86), I’m still trying to bowl my age.      

No comments:

Post a Comment