Monday, September 7, 2015

Prune Juice Happy Meal



I went to McDonald’s with my wife and daughter recently.  I noticed on the receipt that I was given the senior discount for my coffee.  That made it a bit of a landmark day, I’m afraid, as it was my first such discount.  My wife thought it was funny and put it on facebook. That’s mostly ‘cause she was not given the senior discount.  At the same establishment two days earlier I had not been given the senior discount, so I may be aging at some freakishly accelerated pace.  (I know, at this point you’re thinking Uncle Tommy’s doing way too much fast food, especially for a senior citizen, and maybe that’s why he’s aging so fast. But it was mostly coffee.) As a result of the most recent episode, I’ve concluded I look old but I’m thinking maybe that the “old” look lasts only until I've had my coffee.  Just to be safe, I’ve decided, at least for now, to apply the money I save with my senior discount toward a face lift or at least some youthful looking tattoos. It’s not worth looking old just to get a 33 cent discount on coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment