Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Bee Gees!



We all remember the Bee Gees. They had a great, unforgettable sound, before, during and well after the disco era. Now there’s only one Bee Gee left. I think it’s Barry Gibb. His brothers have all passed away. Too bad. So, with only the one brother left, I figured they were pretty much done as a performance group. Not so. You can find Barry on Youtube singing “Stayin’ Alive”, one of the Bee Gees signature songs. So yeah, he’s certainly entitled to make a living singing his song. And it’s probably good for him to continue performing – he’s only 69. And he still sounds pretty good. But I can’t help but find it a little odd that he, the only living Bee Gee, sings “Stayin’ Alive”. Doesn’t this bring a whole new meaning to the song? Will we start to see this song sung at nursing homes as baby boomers take over the senior scene?  Will it be our generation’s survival anthem? 

“Well you can tell by the way I use my walker, 
I’m a woman’s man: no time to talk.” 

Something like that. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment