Thursday, November 10, 2016

Monday Morning Running Back



Have you ever seen those signs along the side of the road for these Antique Malls? I really want to stop at one. Who wouldn’t like to go back in time and visit some of those stores, and maybe throw a coin in that cool fountain? Maybe stop at the Bottom Half Store and try on some bell bottoms (you got a lot of material for your money on those pants – just don’t wear them riding your bike) or the Just Pants Store just to see if they might have some shirts way in the back. Maybe I’d go to Spencer Gifts and get one of the gag gifts that a million people had handled. But before I went to any of those stores, I think I would head right for the Orange Julius. I would go there just to satisfy my curiosity ‘cause I never found out if Orange Julius was a food or a person, maybe some old Greek guy. Or was it just a play on words on Orange Juice?

Whatever Orange Julius was, it/he could never overcome that O J Simpson stigma. In hindsight, how did O J not become the spokesman for Orange Julius? That might have kept him out of trouble.  

No comments:

Post a Comment