Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Dentexting



Every six months I receive a text from a dentist confirming the date and time of a teeth cleaning appointment for some woman named Meg.  And every six months I respond to the text that I’m not her and that I already got my teeth cleaned anyhow. But the dentist never responds to my texts.  I even called the office one time to tell them they had the wrong number, and that I was not Meg.  It did no good. This has been going on for years. And sometimes Meg blows off her appointments, and then I get even more texts.  Frankly, I’m dying to know if this “Meg” even exists, or if it’s a phony ploy by the dentist to drum up some business. Maybe he thinks that if he sends out these random texts people will read them and think, “I know this text is not for me, but I haven’t been to the dentist in two years.  This dentist sounds nice in this text, and my tooth hurt last Sunday when I was eating that pot roast. I’m gonna call this dentist and make an appointment!” Yeah.  These guys know what they’re doing.

I think I might show up at Meg’s next appointment so I can meet her (if she exists) and tell her to quit blowing off the appointments so I won’t get so many texts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment