Thursday, September 28, 2017

Wild Turkey



Wild turkeys are making a huge comeback around here. They were extremely rare a few years ago. Now they’re everywhere. To me, they’re not pleasant to look at and I can’t imagine eating one. They look really old. I’m sure the pilgrims were hungry when they got off The Mayflower, and I appreciate what Squanto did and all at that first Thanksgiving. I really do. But, looking at these birds, I gotta think that the corn and the squash and the beets (did the Native Americans have beets?),and maybe the sweet potatoes were better than that old wild turkey. Oh, and the rolls. I forgot about the rolls. And those birds were so skinny there was probably hardly any stuffing. Do you think Squanto had cranberries?

Heck, I might even eat kale before I’d eat that old wild turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment