Sunday, October 1, 2017

Wild Turkey II



Somewhere in our history classes we all (at least here in the states – hello international readers!) learned that the United States almost picked the wild turkey as out national bird instead of the bald eagle. And I’m told the vote was pretty close, like a 40-30 vote or something. I’m not a big bald eagle guy. Every time I see them at the zoo they’re going to the bathroom. (What do they feed them, the leftover concession stuff?) But when you put the eagle next to that skinny old wild turkey, well, there’s just no comparison. Would this country even be in existence today if we had chosen the turkey?

I’m really thankful for Squanto and his friends at that first Thanksgiving, but I want to hear about the guy who domesticated and fattened up the turkey. Thank goodness for him. I also wanna hear more about the guy who invented gravy. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment