Thursday, October 19, 2017

The Last Robin


Fall has arrived. Leaves are falling off the trees. Families are raking. Children are making leaf houses. Dogs are running through leaf piles. The robins have flown south. Wait a minute? Have they? We make a big deal out of seeing that first robin in the spring. For me, it always seems like they come a little too early. I say to myself, “Oh, that robin came up here way too soon. Doesn’t he know that it’s early March and it might snow again?” But they always seem to live, don’t they? I’ve never shoveled up a dead robin when I’m shoveling that last snowfall, have you?

But yeah. How about the last robin of the fall? Nobody cares about him apparently. This year, let’s take a minute out of our busy lives and look for that last robin.

Maybe leave a worm for him in your driveway or something.    

No comments:

Post a Comment