Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Knife Sharpener Truck



Today a friend and I were discussing knife sharpening trucks. Yeah, back before there were electric knives there was this guy who drove through your neighborhood and moms brought out the knives to his truck for sharpening. Not a bad way to make a living. I suppose with all those knives maybe he got robbed once in a while…

I only knew about knife sharpening trucks ‘cause I had this ABC Truck book when I was a kid and I’ve now passed it along to my kids. There was a different truck for each letter of the alphabet. So yeah, apparently the only truck they could come up with that started with “K” was the good old knife sharpener truck. I somehow learned my consonant sounds despite having a favorite book that used the word “Knife” to teach me the “K” sound...

I’m not complaining. I loved that book. Hey, if phonics can start with a “P”, I think it’s OK for knife sharpener truck to start with a “K”.

No comments:

Post a Comment