Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Number One



My kids, when they were infants, invented some pretty cool words, some of which are better than what we adults use. Check these out:

  •          Chee – Singular of cheese. “Daddy, can I have one more chee?”
  •          Elvis – Singular of Elves. “Can I put Elvis on the tree, Dad?”
  •          Deluck – Singular of Deluxe. After waiting a long time in line at the car wash, my son said, “I hope the car ahead of us doesn’t get a deluck wash. Those take a long time.” One deluck pizza.
  •          Urinade – “There is urinade in the toilet, Dad. Should I flush?” Obviously, urinade is  singular as well. It is, in fact, #1. 

I’ve tried to add the following:

  •          Media – “I can’t decide which of the media to go to to get my palm read."
  •          Poncho – “Don’t forget to bring four poncho.” I know you’re s’posed to add the “s” here but I like the sound of “four poncho”. 
Who decides if you have to put the “s” on for plural? I’d like some say in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment