Wednesday, December 6, 2017

These Boots Are Made for Dancing





I’ve always, believe it or not, worked around some pretty fun people. Back in the 20th century I worked with this woman who, on snowy days, would put on her coat and her high (leather?) boots a little before 5:00 and dance. Word would get around the office that she was going to dance so the rest of the workers would all gather and sing Nancy Sinatra’s “These Boots are Made for Walkin’” and she would strut around the office. I vocalized the trumpet part, which, I must say, I was pretty good at. (Still am.) This made for good fun, good team building, and, of course, good memories. You can’t plan team building exercises this good.

I should also mention that this woman was also a scratch bowler. I’m not sure if there is a connection there – maybe she wore high top bowling shoes or something…

But speaking of scratch bowlers, this is our 300th post here at Uncle Tommy's. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment