Saturday, March 17, 2018

"We're Number Two!!"


I read today that Iowa just got voted “Best State”. What’s with their nickname “Hawkeyes”? The Iowa Hawkeyes. I love Iowa. Lots of corn. Home of the Hawkeye Cauci according to Rush. But, I got to thinking lately, is a Hawkeye what I think it is? Why would you choose the body part of a bird as your mascot? Is this in the same boat as “Eye of the Tiger”? Will we eventually see the University of Missouri Tigers become the Tiger Eyes? As I mentioned above, there’s lots of corn in Iowa. But it would appear that Nebraska already got the “Cornhuskers” nickname, so that was gone. So did the Iowa folks say, “Cornhuskers is gone. Let’s take Hawkeye?” (Kansas (Jayhawks) already had the whole bird.) I give up, Iowa. What were you thinking?

I think they should be the Iowa Tests. Their mascot can be a huge #2 pencil. Yeah.     

No comments:

Post a Comment