Sunday, April 8, 2018

Beginning to See the Light


If you’re driving toward a traffic light on a 4 or more lane road, and that light is red or about to turn red, and you know that right turns on red are permitted at this light, and you’re going straight but you can see that there are cars behind you, and there’s nobody in the left lane, it’s your job to get out of the right lane. Then the people behind you can turn right on red. This should be common courtesy, yet it seldom happens.  Today I was driving along behind a woman who, despite a very light amount of traffic, stayed in the right lane as she approached the light which was turning red. She of course had no intention of turning right. As we approached the light, I gave her a little toot, but she failed to comprehend that the toot meant that she needed to get out of the right lane so that I could turn right on red. So we both sat through the whole traffic light cycle.

I bet those self-driving cars will figure this all out. As a bonus, the self-driving cars won’t flip me off when I toot.

No comments:

Post a Comment