Sunday, April 22, 2018

Post Office Post


I went to the post office to mail my tax checks Tuesday. It was unseasonably cold so I chose the drive up mail box option. This is America’s original drive through. This started it all. You drive up, and there are always at least three blue mailboxes side by side, like Siamese Triplets. Even in the small towns there are three mail boxes I think. Why do they have three mail boxes? THEY ARE ALL THE SAME! Weird. That would be like having 3 identical drive-through ATM’s in a row, all in the same lane. Do we need three? Do these boxes fill up? I’ve never pulled up to a mailbox that had a “Sorry - Full” sign on it, have you? But yeah, you have to pull up to each one to see if maybe one has a later pickup or if one is for international or whatever. Then you have to back up to check the first one again and you have a car behind you. But rest assured. They are all the same.

I’m gonna put up two more mail boxes out by the curb in front of my house and see how the postal employees like dealing with that. C’mon!

1 comment: