Friday, June 8, 2018

Anniversary Metal


June is anniversary month for many of us. Do you know the metal for your anniversary this year? The 25th anniversary metal is silver and the 50th is gold, for instance.  I think the rest of these years may be made up as they seem to vary from list to list. Somehow, the 8th anniversary is bronze, which you and I know as the third place metal in The Olympics. No, I have no idea why the 8th year gets the third best metal. When I find out, I will let you know. (It’s kind of like figuring out why Teddy Roosevelt is on Mt Rushmore.) Oddly, the 6th anniversary metal is iron. Or maybe it’s “The iron”. (“Have you noticed how much better Stan’s shirts look since his anniversary?”) Tenth anniversary is Tin. That at least makes sense phonetically.

I would like to venture away from metals for some other anniversary year potential themes:
·         31st – Ice Cream at Baskin-Robbins
·         57th – Ketchup

After 57 years, Ketchup doesn’t sound like much of a gift. Better add a hamburger to that. (No, there’s no putting ketchup on hot dogs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment