Sunday, June 24, 2018

The Cardinals


A couple of you have written in asking why I never write about birds. I have replied stating that I’ve written about empty nesting, and one time I wrote about eggs, and I wrote a piece once about the last robin of the fall, but that didn’t seem to “fly” for these (somewhat picky) readers. So yeah, I can write about birds. I’m not a birder by any stretch of the imagination, but I’ve noticed the beautiful singing of the birds in my backyard this spring. We’ve got this female cardinal in our backyard who just sings up a storm. There’s probably a formal Roman Catholic name for a female cardinal but I’m unfamiliar with that topic and I’m too lazy to look it up. So for now, let’s call her a nun, or flying nun.

Or “nun of the above” maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment