Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day


This woman came up to me at Costco (I’m a member) today when I was filling my gas tank and wished me “Happy Father’s Day”. She was getting gas as well. I had no idea who she was. No, I was not wearing one of those “World’s Greatest Dad” shirts – I don’t own one. And nothing on my car indicates I’m a Dad. In fact, it was my wife’s car. Maybe I was supposed to know who she was. I’ll never know. So I just did a little laugh, took a second look at her and said “Thanks!”.

I suppose I had some options here. I could have said:

  •          “Do I know you?”
  •          “Do I know you other than the fact that we’re both members here at Costco?”
  •          “You look familiar. Did you go to high school?” (Actually I would never say this, but it remains an option.)
  •          “Do you want to pay for my gas?”

That fourth option might have been nice ‘cause the tank was empty and I had to put in 15 gallons. 

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment