Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Corn Beef


I just found out that when you buy corn on the cob at our local supermarket, the cashier counts your ears even when you tell him or her how many you have. That's a new policy. They used to just ask you, “Is this a dozen?”, or “Is this eight?”. Now they count it in front of you, all serious like. Like prisoners in the joint counting cigarettes. C’mon. Is there no trust left in this country? It’s just corn, man! What’s the big deal? From now on, I’m always gonna tell them it’s one more than it really is, and we’ll see how honest they are when they find out it’s only seven when I told them it was eight. The test will be on them. See how they like it. I’ll stand there with my arms crossed with one brow raised…

This is what we’ve become in this country…   

No comments:

Post a Comment