Sunday, August 19, 2018

Turnpike of the Future


We were on the turnpike yesterday going into Pennsylvania. The sign at the tollgate says “Cash Only” but you can use a debit card if you want. They just don’t tell you. (I had to ask.) The debit card takes longer to process and the cars pile up behind you and the toll dude gets mad. But I didn’t want to use my cash so it was what it was. I may have gone too far though when I asked the toll dude if he could give me “cash back” when I paid my toll. I told him I thought that’d be a nice way to promote people spending money in Pennsylvania. He just raised the gate and motioned for me to go ahead. But I could tell from his facial expression that he knew I was on to something and that it would probably come to fruition in the not too distant future.

Knowing the future is not all about bringing joy to people. Some people hate the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment