Sunday, February 10, 2019

Pulp Non-Fiction


I love orange juice. Always have. I don’t use this forum to push products a lot. Most of you readers know by this point that I’m a member of Costco, but that’s more of a brag than an advertisement. Well, my orange juice of choice is Kroger. Yeah, I know. Usually the store brand is not as good as the national brand. But in this case the Kroger brand is consistently better tasting than the national brands. And cheaper. That’s a nice combination.

So when I told my wife about this she said, “Check the ingredients. If it tastes that good they may be putting sugar in it.” Well, the ingredients just said “Orange juice”. This got me thinking. How do I know that this is juice from oranges or just some orange colored juice? How do we know the manufacturers are not saying, “Hey, it’s orange isn’t it?” 

If anyone knows this answer let us know. We need to continue to peel away at this…  

No comments:

Post a Comment