Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Handy Sanitizer


Every hospital room has a hand sanitizer container by the door these days. The doctors use it to cleanse their hands on their way out of the room after seeing the patient. Yeah, I understand the process. The patient is sick. The doctor wants to get germs off his or her hands. Yada, yada, yada. But do they have to do that in the room right in front of the patient? How does making the patient feel dirty help him or her get well? This practice seems a little unnecessary. I think this could be done out in the hall somewhere. Really.

We have a hand sanitizer thing where I work. I use it occasionally. But I don’t use it after shaking someone’s hand IN FRONT OF THAT PERSON. No. Wouldn’t think of it. C’mon doctors. A little sensitivity, maybe? We’re not dealing with leprosy here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment