Thursday, March 7, 2019

Theater District


There’s a second run movie theater (theatre for our Canadian readers) near our house that shows movies just about the time that they’re being released on video. So you get the Halloween movies at Christmas, the Christmas movies at Easter and the Easter movies – well, there’s only Passion of the Christ and Easter Parade I guess – you get those in the summer. By the way, those two would be a great drive-in double feature, wouldn’t they?

So now the theater is showing “A Star is Born”. This is the fourth production of this story. I’m afraid to go see it, not ‘cause I think it’s scary but I’m afraid that the movies at this theater are SO old that they might be showing that old Barbara Streisand version and not the 2018 Lady Gaga version. (Is it Ga-ga or Gag-a?) Changing the names on the remakes would solve this problem. I wonder if they considered naming it “A Star is Born Again”?

No comments:

Post a Comment