Sunday, May 5, 2019

Caller ID


A romantic relationship has a number of stages including dating, going steady, and engagement. Somewhere in these stages, the person ends up in your phone contacts, and eventually that person is identified in your contacts by first name only. When you get to the first name only phase you know it’s serious folks. Well, I was with a friend of mine recently when he got a call from his wife, and his caller ID showed her first and last name. Now these folks have been married thirty plus years. And yet, her first and last names came up on his caller ID. Since I know this guy pretty well I questioned him on this. He said he’s got a sister with the same first name as his wife and it confuses him. Wait. What? I told him the spouse gets first name only and yes, he’s changing his phone.

I’m not sure what you do if you know two First Name Only People (FNOPs) with the same name. Do any of these FNOPs “Cher” their names?

No comments:

Post a Comment