Thursday, May 23, 2019

Fake Sports News


I recently read about this professional wrestler who wrestled until he was 69 year old. Wow! Heck, I will be happy just to thumb wrestle at age 69. This guy also wrestled under multiple names. (Apparently this was common back in the day.) But, yeah, when you wrestle under multiple names, how does that work? Don’t people notice? Do you use a fake mustache and hope it doesn’t fall off? Apply fake tattoos and try not to sweat too much? Wear different colored shorts? Do you have to have all different wrestling moves for each character you play?

Wikipedia has write-ups on the various wrestlers. The write-ups list the various championships that each wrestler won, and, while that’s kind of a fun read, doesn’t Wikipedia realize that these matches were staged, that they were fake? Wake up Wikipedia!

Speaking of fixed outcomes, if I look up The Harlem Globetrotters, will Wikipedia tell me which games they “won”? I’m pretty busy with this blog and I don’t have time to do that but if someone could do that that’d be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment