Thursday, May 2, 2019

Mosquito Truck


We’ve had a ton of rain here this year. It makes me think that we may have a surplus of mosquitoes this summer. I talked to a friend of mine today who moved this year outside the city limits and he’s got lots of water standing on his property. I told him that it was too bad, that he would not have the benefit of the city’s mosquito truck this year to hold down his bug population. We both laughed. ‘Cause when I was a kid the mosquito truck was a big deal. When you heard that dude coming, you ran into your house and closed the windows. The whole neighborhood would be fogged. Like a London Fog. Nowadays the mosquito dude drives his truck around after dark and makes this humming sound and creates next to no fog. Kids stay out front and laugh at him. (I think even the bugs laugh at him.) I think he may be fake – just some guy pretending to be a mosquito truck. Trying to be popular...

I know a guy who purchased some discount bug repellent. This stuff was so cheap you actually had to catch the bugs and then dip them in the repellent. Hey, you get what you pay for…

No comments:

Post a Comment