Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Card Carrying Moms


Moms get a raw deal when it comes to baseball card collections. We often hear men say something like this: “Yeah, I had a great baseball card collection. I had Mickey Mantle. I had Willie Mays. I had Maris. But my mom got rid of them.”  If I had nickel for every time I heard a guy say that I’d, well, I’d probably go out and buy some baseball cards. Yeah, moms get blamed for the destruction of thousands of dollars of cards. Generations of moms have taken a lot of heat over this issue. Dads never get blamed.

Last week a woman at work explained why it’s always the moms who get blamed for this tragedy. She said it’s simple: moms are the ones who clean the house. So yeah, you guys traded Mickey Mantle for a clean bedroom. That’s worth two Mickey Mantles!

No comments:

Post a Comment