Thursday, January 30, 2020

Roaring Twenties


My wife and I are going to a fundraiser this weekend. The theme of the party is “The Roaring Twenties”. We’re getting 1920 era clothing to wear. I thought about going to the goodwill to look for clothes but I don’t think they keep clothes around that long. But it turns out that Amazon sells Roaring Twenties clothes. So we got some. (I thought maybe they’d deliver it in some really old truck but they didn’t.) Well, I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure they sent me an Amish hat. It’s black and has a really wide brim. Maybe it’s an Amish ‘20’s hat, I don’t know. But wouldn’t that be the same as the ones they wear today? I know this is all going to come up at the party…

So, like, do the Amish have parties where they dress up like 100 years ago? Or are all their parties like that?


No comments:

Post a Comment