Sunday, February 2, 2020

The Mask


We’re hearing all about this deadly virus aren’t we? And more and more people are wearing masks. It reminds me of a while back, when my wife and I were driving and saw two women walking down the street near campus. Both were carrying shopping bags and both were wearing masks. It happened to be the day after Halloween. I asked my wife if we had any candy to give them. She explained to me that, no, those were not that kind of mask and that no, we didn’t have any candy.

So yeah, I suppose the lesson here is that, if you are wearing a mask for health reasons, and it’s within, say, a week of Halloween, you should explain the mask when you’re with other people. Maybe carry a sign of some sort. Unless you really like candy.Then it’s a win-win: You stay healthy AND you get candy. Unless you eat too much of the candy at which point you might be sick…

No comments:

Post a Comment