Saturday, June 20, 2020

Dessert Storm


I have been told I have a spelling problem. I’m hearing about it everywhere. I used the term “Desert Truck” in my previous post about food trucks. I often misspell dessert with only one “s”. One would think that the first "e" in “desert” would have the long “e” sound since it is followed by a single “s”. And in turn, one would think the first “e” in “dessert” would have the short “e” sound since it is followed by the double “s’s”. But no, it’s the opposite. How in the world do we expect people to learn this language? I live here and can’t even figure it out.

In defense of what I wrote, I’d be fine with getting my dessert delivered to me in some type of desert truck. I suppose that could be a beach buggy of some sort perhaps…

Just don’t get any sand in my cobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment