Sunday, November 8, 2020

Mustard Love

Remember that old song by The Captain and Tennille called Muskrat Love? It was about muskrats and it was a hit back in the 70’s. I never cared for it much but I suppose every animal deserves a song. In 1976 The Captain and Tennille got invited to the White House and performed Muskrat Love for Queen Elizabeth when she was there for a visit. Apparently there were some complaints over that song selection. In hindsight, President Ford could have brought Queen in to perform. Or Prince. BB King maybe. Kings of Leon weren’t around yet... 

Moving along alphabetically, I was reminded recently of an old friend whose wife loved him so much that she packed his lunch. Typically it was a bologna sandwich. But when he pulled back the bread, he would find a message written in mustard. While not as sweet as a fortune cookie, I’m sure the message was sweeter.

I doubt if she wrote anything about muskrats.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment