Sunday, December 20, 2020

Covid Guaranty

We drove by the mall last night. The place was empty. Less than a week before Christmas. I did go into a store a couple of days ago. Because of the virus my goal was to get out of there as fast as I could. After waiting in line and keeping my distance, I finally got to the cashier. He asked me, “Are you a member of our Rewards Program? You’ll get 15% on your next purchase. It’ll just take a couple minutes to register”. Wait, what? Are you kidding me? Most people aren’t even going in the stores and I’m being asked to enroll in their Rewards Program? I declined his offer.

These stores need to either drop these programs or at least make it more interesting. Fifteen percent discount? Nah. How ‘bout a Covid guaranty of some sort? “If you get Covid from being in our store we’ll give you 30% off your next purchase. (Must bring note from physician.)”

Now I’m listening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment