Sunday, February 28, 2021

Romper Roomba

Today, we’re taking a look at some overused phrases.

“I slept like a baby” – Nah. Did these people have kids? I don’t know about you, but my babies did not sleep through the night. Thank goodness my wife got up…

“It runs like a top” – Nah. A top runs OK for a while but eventually it tips over. Kids don’t play with tops anymore. The top has been replaced by the Roomba which also runs around your house but it vacuums.  Parents can say, “Son, go play with the Roomba.” That, my readers, is a win-win. The kid is occupied, and, when you go to check on him, the floor is clean. Then you move gently move the child (and Roomba) to another room. Is there such thing as a win-win-win?

“Nothing runs like a Deere” – Nah. A deer is ever so slightly faster than a tractor, a mower, or a combine. And combines don’t get hit by your car.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment