Sunday, July 11, 2021

Talking a Blue Steak

I’ve never had a dental hygienist who didn’t talk a lot. In fact, they “talk a blue streak” as my mother would say. They of course have to talk double because we can’t talk. So we get a 25 minute soliloquy, often one that would make Shakespeare proud. So my question is: do they give the same 25 minute soliloquy to every patient, or does it vary based on age, sex etc? And, how often do they update it? Do the stories vary by the condition of your teeth? Is there a record in your file of which subject they talked about so they don’t repeat it? Do the stories get sharper toward the end of the day?

Periodically, we get the blades on our lawnmowers sharpened. Do people get their teeth sharpened? Is that something I should be doing? I’d ask if I could get a word in…

I think the dentist’s “hold music” should be recordings of the different hygienists telling their stories. That would be cool...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment