Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Done Bun

I found a dead rabbit in our back yard the other day. Something or someone got him – it did not appear to have been a natural death. Regardless, I figured I had two options: bury him or bag him up for the trash. My garden’s not that big, and this was a good sized, somewhat heavy rabbit – so burying him was out of the question.  So I bagged him up. A third option would be to lay him along the side of the road. I did not consider that. But that got me thinking. Is all road kill really road kill? I mean, are these animals really dumb enough to play in the street? How much of what you see along the road is something that was killed somewhere else and dragged to the side of the road because that person that found it or killed it did not want to deal with it?

I bet people who use the third option use the excuse that maybe the animal is just sleeping…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment