Sunday, December 26, 2021

Bowling for Dollars

Our local cable provider advertises that, when you subscribe to their cable package for $26.99 a month, you can watch tape delayed high school bowling. That seemed like an unusual show to feature in their ad, but, you know what? It caught my eye. But maybe it caught my eye ‘cause it was so odd. Why would I spend $26.99 per month to watch tape delayed high school bowling on my TV?

If I really wanted to see high school bowling, wouldn’t I just go the bowling alley and watch for free? And with my $26.99 I could buy a bowl of bowling alley chili and maybe a cocktail. And it would be live.

And I’d have money to bowl a game or two I bet. You know how some old guys try to golf their age? My goal is still to bowl my age.  It gets harder every year.   

Merry Christmas!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment