Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Christmas "Time"

My wife got out the Christmas clock today. It plays a different Christmas Carol on each hour of the day.  Every year I say I’m going to memorize which song is played for each hour, but I never quite get around to it. Memorizing the tunes would be nice ‘cause then I wouldn’t have to look at the clock when the music started to see what time it was. That would save some time in the busy holiday season.

Ideally the carols would correspond to the time. For example:

  •         12:00  The Twelve Days of Christmas
  •         1:00  The First Noel
  •         2:00  All I want for Christmas are my Two Front Teeth
  •         3:00  I Saw Three Ships or maybe We Three Kings

You get the picture. But that makes too much sense. Actually, none of the above songs correspond to the hours noted. 

And no, the 12:00 song does not switch to Auld Lang Syne at midnight on the 31st. Is that asking too much?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment