Sunday, December 19, 2021

Tenors

I just saw an ad for The Ten Tenors. They are part of a “pick four” offer at a local theater. I assume they are one of the shows you can pick as part of your 2022 “discount” ticket package. But maybe you actually get to pick four of the tenors for that individual show. That would make sense since there are typically four parts (SATB) for any vocal arrangement. Except for one thing: these guys all sing tenor…

So yeah, ten tenors. How many tenors do we need? We used have The Three Tenors who were all really famous. Then other tenor groups sprang up. On vacation last month I saw an ad for The Texas Tenors. I assume these guys are a bit larger and probably wear hats.

Do basses ever get to tour? How about sopranos or altos? Regardless, these tenors need to ride this momentum as long as they can. I predict somewhere out there there’s a group touring as “The Twelve Tenors of Christmas”. I’m pretty busy with this blog and holiday stuff but if somebody could look that up that would be great.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment