Thursday, January 6, 2022

Big Boy Theory

I met up last week with a couple of guys I knew in high school. We got to talking and got on the topic of a fellow student who we’ll call Steve. Steve was an unusual guy, yet very personable. He lived on the right side of the tracks so to speak – his house was rumored to have had 14 landlines coming into it. (There were no cell phones then, kids). Steve was a good athlete and a good student. He and I were together when we found out the military draft had ended. Now that’s a good memory.

What I did not know about Steve (what I learned last week) was that he once ate 7 Big Boy burgers in one sitting. And Big Boys were bigger then. That’s impressive! How did I not know this? How was this not in the yearbook?

Eating 7 Big Boys repeatedly over time maybe couldn’t keep you out of the draft but I bet it could keep you out of active duty. I bet that was his motive. That's my theory.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment