Sunday, January 23, 2022

Pop Culture

Back in ’89 when my wife was pregnant, she and I were driving one night and she got a sudden craving for a Sprite (the lemon lime soft drink - not Sprint the phone company). We stopped by the closest gas station and I went inside. It was a tiny structure and it was filled with smoke. There was just one employee and he sat behind the cash register with a lit cigarette. The only soft drinks he had were some 2 liter bottles in a cooler. I asked him if he had anything smaller – something that could be drunk in the car. He said, “Get the 2 liter. That’s what I do.”

So, looking back, yeah, this guy apparently drove with a 2 liter. And probably a lit cigarette. The good news? He probably didn’t use one of the plastic straws that pollute the environment. Like you do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment