Sunday, January 2, 2022

Looking at it from a Different Angle

Have you ever acknowledged a compliment that wasn’t given? I hate it when that happens. When I wore my new glasses to work last week a co-worker looked at me and said, “Did you get new glasses?” I quickly responded, “Yeah. Thanks!” Then I realized that their statement had only been an observation. It was not a compliment. Awkward! This has likely happened to all of us.. At some point in the conversation you may get the compliment you initially thought you were receiving, but that may be just to defuse the situation, to take the elephant out of the room. You may never know their honest assessment.    

On a related note, if one receives a really big compliment, should that not be called a suppliment? Wait! Are we already coming up with new words for this year? I am so excited for 2022! Happy New Year!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment