Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Car Detailing

I took my car in for an oil change today. The mechanic asked if it was OK if he updated my records on their computer. He proceeded to ask me if I still owned any of the 12 cars they had in my file including my son’s ’93 Nissan Sentra. (Like I’d really be driving a 29 year old car! Maybe if this was Havana…) He asked about each of the cars individually, and was very serious throughout the process. I decided to have some fun with it and gave him the reason we got rid of each car. The Malibu? Rust. The Olds? Didn’t want to pay for the body repair. The Nissan? Rotted brake lines. Etc. I’m not much of a car guy but it was fun remembering the cars…

At multiple times during the process I told him that when we were done he would able to write my “Auto biography”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment