Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Press Yes I Guess

Have you ever paid with a debit card at Walgreen’s? When you insert your card into the reader, it gives you your total and then it asks you if you’d like to contribute a dollar or “round up” your total to the next even dollar and give that extra amount to a charity of their choice. Does anybody do this? I mean, c’mon; if I’m  at a Walgreen’s I must be sick or something, right? Kind of insensitive on Walgreen’s part, don’t you think? Aren't they preying on the sick here?

I was there today and the reader thing asked me to round up. I pressed the “no” button and nothing happened. I pressed it again. Nothing. Finally, the third (harder) press, it accepted my “no”.  I bet that if you press “yes” it goes through on the first try.

That’s how they get you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment