Sunday, May 29, 2022

I'd Like to Buy a Vowel, Please

Today I got one of those appointment reminders texts. They typically end with the words, “To confirm txt YES. To decline txt NO.” Couple of observations:

·         Do they really need to abbreviate “text” to “txt”? I mean, what are we really saving here?

·         Do we need to reply in all caps? I think I may have replied “yes” instead of “YES”. Do I still have an appointment?

·         The “txt” does not tell me to arrive 10 minutes early. Is that rule still in effect?

·         What if I respond “YEAH” instead of “YES”?

Has anyone ever tried that last one? I’m pretty busy with this blog but I’m gonna ask the nurse about that at my appointment (if I confirmed it correctly and still have the appointment).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment