Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Spreading Like Wildflower

A while back I got invited to come out to one of the parks and participate in the planting of some wild flowers. Wait. What? Planting wild flowers? I struggle with the concept, ‘cause I, like most people, always thought these beautiful flowers grew on their own. I felt very disappointed, I felt cheated; this was a real shock to the system. All those pictures I took… Somebody planted those lupines?

I hope we don’t find out some day that man built the Grand Canyon. Or that some plumber built Old Faithful. Or that the Northern Lights are some guy shooting off fireworks from atop his garage in the north end...

On a more positive note, wouldn’t it be cool to find out that Mt. Rushmore was a natural phenomenon? I’d be way more likely to go see it I think…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment