Saturday, May 7, 2022

Hopping Aboard the Inflation Train

I was downtown recently and needed to run into the Coney Island (needed to?) and get a hot dog. I parked at a meter, knowing I had some change. After I parked I realized I had but two nickels. A nickel gets you 4 minutes on the meter, I thought. That would have given me 8 minutes to get my dog, fries, and small Barq’s Red Cream Soda. Well, guess what? A nickel now gets you 3 minutes. Seriously? Inflation wasn’t bad enough already? Now the government feels the need to get their cut? This whole thing is ironic ‘cause, well, isn’t it the government’s job to control inflation?

Once I got my food I had to run back to my car and almost sloshed my red cream soda. The floor in the Coney Island can get pretty slippery. 

On a separate note, can a lactose intolerant person drink cream soda? They didn't know at the Coney Island...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment